Patients who choose free-standing rehabilitation hospitals gain access to outstanding medical expertise, abundant resources as well as best in class treatment programs not usually available at acute care hospital inpatient units or skilled nursing facilities. In fact, studies show that when patients are matched on demographic and clinical characteristics, rehabilitation in IRFs (Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities) results in lower mortality, fewer readmissions and ER visits, as well as more days at home as opposed to rehabilitation in SNFs (Skilled Nursing Facilities) for the same condition.
Patients at free standing rehabilitation hospitals also receive increased levels of involvement, attentiveness and personalized care by physicians and their staff, naturally creating warmer, more comforting environments to better nurture patient needs.
What are the patient benefits at a free standing rehabilitation hospital?
- Improves quality of life
- Reduces additional hospitalizations and ER visits
- Appropriate duration of inpatient stay to achieve patient goals
- Access to the best medical expertise, equipment and treatments
- Comfort from reliable and nurturing medical teams
- More privacy and pleasantry with ample amenities
- Superior outcomes from specialized and customized treatment programs
- Enjoy long-term recovery, sustainability and success with continuous support
How do Cobalt rehabilitation hospitals produce superior patient outcomes?
- Establish higher standards for treatment programs
- Educate and inform patients about diagnosis and treatment plans
- Decrease the occurrence of preventable medical complications
- Encourage health and functional independence
- Provide education and training to produce talented and engaged staff
- Prepare patients for outpatient services and long-term success after discharge
With decades of experience treating traumatic brain, spinal cord, stroke, hip fracture, and orthopedic injuries, Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospitals are committed to producing superior outcomes and an improved quality of life for every patient we serve.